Have you chosen your program, read about costs, checked the admission requirements and deadlines? Are your application materials in order? If so, you're ready to apply!
Step 1: Get your supporting materials together. You will need to upload them after you apply online.
Step 2: Complete McGill University's online application form in English or French. McGill's application guide will help you along the way. Include your statement of intent directly in the form. Deadline: January 15th.
Step 3: Pay the $110.40 application fee and the $67.96 audition fee via credit card. You will receive an email confirmation with your McGill ID after you apply.
Step 4: Submit your supporting material after you get your McGill ID.
- Upload through Minerva:
- Your unofficial high school/university transcripts. If you are a CEGEP or Ontario high school applicant and you indicated your permanent code or OUAC number on your application, skip this step. Deadline: February 1st.
- Composition applicants: Sample scores, assembled in one PDF. Deadline: February 1st.
- Ask your teachers/referees to email the following to the undergraduateadmissions.music [at] mcgill.ca (Admissions Office):
- All applicants: One reference letter from a music professional or teacher who can attest to your musical ability and any other information that may be pertinent to our consideration of your application.
- B.Mus./B.Ed. applicants: In addition, please request a reference letter from a music teacher or someone else who can attest to your teaching skills and potential to be a music educator.
- Upload through our music upload form:
- Your final video audition (format: avi, mov, mp4 or wmv) with description of recordings/repertoire, if you cannot participate in an on-campus auditions. This applies to all applicants. Deadline: February 1st.
- All Jazz Instruments and Classical Voice (Soprano and Mezzo only): Video screening recordings (avi, mov, mp4 or wmv formats only) is required if you want to be considered for on-campus auditions. Deadline: January 15th.
- Composition applicants: Sample recordings (mp3), if available. Deadline: February 1st.
- Sound recording qualifying year applicants: Sound recording demos (mp3), if available. Deadline: March 1st.
- String applicants: An unedited one-take video recording of a full major concerto (all movements), if you want to be considered for the Lloyd Carr-Harris (LCH) String Scholarship but you are not attending on-campus auditions. Deadline: February 1st.
After you've applied, check on your application status.
Current McGill students - inter and intra faculty transfers
- See Inter/Intra faculty transfer and readmission for application information.
- Music students applying for readmission after a period of absence should contact the Student Affairs Office.