All full-time or part-time students in this program must audition for a large ensemble in the beginning of the school year. Auditions for large and small ensembles are mandatory.
For descriptions of our perennial ensembles and all audition schedules, visit the Ensembles webpages.
Assignments & Requirements
When: Ensemble assignments are made following the auditions, normally in the first week of classes.
How to register: It is each student’s responsibility to ensure they are registered on MINERVA for the ensemble(s) to which they have been assigned.
- Students are required to complete 16 credits of ensemble. The ensemble can be taken from a combination of large and small ensemble as listed in the e-Calendar.
- Students with a Music DEC from Québec or transfer from a BMus program from another university are granted up to 4 credits of large ensemble and 2 credits of small ensemble.
- Students who graduate from high school or transfer from a non-music major program (where they did not complete any ensemble) are required to complete a minimum of 16 credits of ensemble .
- All students who are registered in required practical instruction courses, whether they are full-time or part-time, must concurrently register for an ensemble, even if they have completed the minimum ensemble requirements for their degree.
- “B-” is the minimum passing ensemble grade for students in this program.